Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh, the situations I get myself into...

Remember my friend that I wrote about a couple of posts ago?  The one that got pregnant on their honeymoon and I was having a hard time congratulating?  Well, I finally congratulated her (I'm genuinely happy for her now), and I later commented on a post she wrote about how she hates birth control commercials.  It led to talk about what we're up to these days, and then...she asked if we could get together for prayer sometime.  


I know it's not that big of a deal, but I don't know this girl very well (we were on a retreat team together and went to the same parish in college, but that's about it), AND she's pregnant, so I don't really WANT to hang out with her.  I hope that doesn't sound mean.  I just feel like it'd be super awkward.  I just don't know how to say no to people, plus I think she's really lonely.  I'm the only person from college that's in her area.  So...I don't know what to do.  What do you all think?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for congratulating her! I know that took courage.
    Maybe getting together in prayer would be a good opportunity for you to connect and let the Holy Spirit work? I don't know, but if you do end up thinking it will be too difficult, then don't beat yourself up. You have to do what is best for your peace of heart.

    ReplyDelete