Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why I Love My Husband (3)


He's the complete opposite of me! ;)

No, really, he is.  I am the laziest person I know, but Boomz is driven and determined.  For example, this past weekend, we had to transport mattresses to a friend's house 2.5 hours away (long story lol), and after renting the U.Haul trailer didn't work out, having to wait a week, and a mattress flying off the back of the truck we rented, he didn't get that frustrated.  I would have just given up or started crying or something. lol  But not my husband! :) Once he gets an idea in his head he doesn't give up when things get hard, and I really appreciate that about him. :)

He listens to all of my silly stories. :)  While I clean I listen to Catholic things on my laptop (usually Church history stuff), so when he comes home I have SO MUCH to tell him!  He listens patiently, even though he probably knows everything I'm telling him.

He pushes me to try new things.  I'm a very picky eater (mostly about texture), and if I had my way I'd eat the same three things my whole life. lol  Now he has me eating calamari, lamb, and all sorts of Italian things I would've never had in my German-Irish hometown. :)  He also believes in me enough to allow me to COOK some of these Italian things, even though I'm convinced I'll ruin it.

I love that he's Italian but loves Irish culture. :)  He studied abroad in Ireland for a few months, so he loves all things TRULY Irish.  No shamrocks for my man!  He also hates Guinne.ss not brewed in Ireland-he's convinced it tastes different.  lol

Thank you, Jesus, for giving me such a wonderful husband! :)

P.S.  Thank you all so much for the exercise suggestions!  I found a beginner Pilates video online, and I've tried that a couple times.  I must be in horrible shape, because the video is kicking my butt! lol  I mean I only do about 15- 20 minutes, and I am SORE the next day!  I can't lose any weight, however (I'm already way under where I should be), so I have to up my calories.  Boo!  It's really hard to make yourself eat more when you're already full.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! My Dh and I are quite different too... God uses that for so much good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drink your calories as much as you can girl! I know how hard it is to take more in when you're full - drinking the calories usually makes it a bit easier. :)

    I love this post! So sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Mary just gave you permission to go have a bunch of pina coladas! Hee hee.

    Yep, different is good! Glad you have such a good balance.

    And I'm weird about texture in foods, too, but it's mainly anti-soggy comfort foods that everyone else loves.

    ReplyDelete