Saturday, December 3, 2011

Please pray for my grandma

We found out this week that my grandma is dying, and we're at my parents' house because it could happen any minute, hence the lack of posting. She hadn't been looking well for a while and she wasn't eating well, either, but we never expected the news would be this bad. She was taken to the ER because of a rapid heartbeat, but we ended up finding out she's severely anemic, and has tumors in her chest and kidney the size of an orange and a tennis ball. She also has some kind of mass in her heart that could either be a blood clot or a tumor, so if it moves she would die. The doctors can't find out what the mass in her heart is because her heart couldn't take a biopsy. They're not doing anything to treat her. She came home from the hospital yesterday to die. She's on a Do Not Resuscitate list. She said she's not in any pain and feels totally fine. I haven't seen her shed a tear this whole time, while the rest of us are blubbering. She seems to have accepted her situation and is at peace with it. 

Please pray for her and for our family, especially my grandpa who is going to be totally lost without her. He doesn't know how to cook, or what to buy at the grocery store, or even how to write checks, because grandma has always done everything for him.

7 comments:

  1. So so very sorry. :( You and your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry and will be praying for your grandma and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. It is hard to lose a grandparent. WIll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH sweet girl :( I am praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete