Thursday, April 14, 2011

Why I Love My Husband and a Thyroid Question!


1) The other night before we fell asleep, Boomz and I were holding hands and he started thumb-wrestling with me!  Of course, it wasn't a fair fight, because his thumbs are so much bigger than mine, so he let me use my index finger to help. :)  I still lost, but I thought that was just so cute. :)


2) He remembered that I wanted the third Kristin Lavransdatter book (The Cross.  Seriously EVERYONE should read these books.  They come highly recommended by Leila! :) ), and he got it for me for our anniversary, even though we said we weren't getting each other anything. :)  I thought it was so wonderful that he remembered-he even got the right translator!


Okay, onto my thyroid question.  For the past few months (maybe longer than a few months, I'm not really sure), I've been getting 7-8 hours of sleep and I still wake up exhausted.  Sometimes, I'll wake up in the middle of the night wide awake (usually around 3-5 AM) and won't be able to go back to sleep because my mind is racing and my heart is pounding really fast and hard.  If I DO fall asleep, I'm in that stupid half-asleep state.  It's been really bad the last couple of weeks.  I've been sleeping on the couch half the time so I don't keep Boomz awake with my tossing and turning.  Does this have anything to do with my thyroid?  My gut tells me it does, but I want to know what you experts know! :) 

9 comments:

  1. I don't know about the wake ups but I do know fatigue can be a sign your thyroid levels are off. It is one of the signs I always look for with my levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry my phone... ;) adrenals...low cortisol but I've suspected for a long time you've had thyroid/adrenal issues....

    Waking up not refreshed is adrenals, insomnia as well...Waking up between 3-5 am means that your natural cortisol is not rising to get you awake and pumped for the day.

    That is why I wake up at 1am and take a super dose of cortisol so I wake up refreshed.... :)

    I'm sorry...It's gonna be hell trying to find a doctor to help you. If you want to travel, I have a great doctor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going on cortisol has given me my life back! You can get your levels tested for way cheaper than I did! It's a simple spit test. If you want any more info just send me an email at jellybelly_75 at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just took the "spit" test that JB mentioned - it's gross, but not difficult. Haven't received the results yet, but it could be adrenals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - and #1 - so cute!! :) My husband and I agreed before we married that when we needed to argue we'd thumb wrestle. It's a good way to work things out. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you're dealing with insomnia and exhaustion. I have some of those same issues and it's so difficult to not feel rested. I'm going down the thyroid route with T3, but I'm wondering if I should also be looking into the adrenals. Go for the Cortisol spit test and see what comes back. You can even order the test by yourself from the canary club.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 80% of patients with thyroid issues have adrenal issues.

    adrenals run thyroid, thyroid run hormones

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get it checked out!

    ReplyDelete