Wednesday, July 13, 2011

An Examination of Conscience and Other Bible Passages

I know, I know! Just what you all want! ;) I know this passage is almost cliche (it could never really be cliche, since it's Scripture), because it's heard at tons of weddings, but it really helps me realize how far I fall short of perfectly loving my husband.


"Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong; but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7


Boy, oh boy, do I have a long way to go. I especially need to work on not insisting on my own way!


Other Bible passages that have struck me recently:


"I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I bid every one among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgement, each according to the measure of faith which God has assigned him."  (Romans 12:1-3) Whoa. So much good stuff in there!


"Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain." (Philippians 2:14-16)  Boomz knows I need to work on this! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment